Looking for more ways to eat fermented and probiotic rich foods? Check out these Top 10 recipes to get more probiotics into your diet.
- Breakfast Smoothie: add 1 cup of kefir, 1/2 cup ice, banana, handful of spinach, handful of strawberries, 2 Tablespoons of flaxseeds to blender
- Fermented Mixed Berries
- Yogurt Parfait: Combine yogurt, diced fruit (try mango, raspberries or strawberries), and granola
- Tempeh Reuben Sandwich
- Grilled Tempeh Salad
- Veggie Kraut Dogs: Add sauerkraut, pickles, onions, ketchup and mustard on veggie brats
- Miso Sesame Salad Dressing
- Kimchi Quesadillas with Guacamole: Spread kimchi and colby cheese on tortilla and then layer with another tortilla and grill on each side on low until cheese is melted. Serve with guacamole
- Apple Sauerkraut Quesadillas
- Cultured Coconut Mango Popsicles
Also, be sure to have a daily dose of bone broth to help the digestive system and help heal your gut. Unprocessed bone broth contains collagen and the amino acids proline and glycine which can help heal your damaged cell walls. If you have ‘leaky gut’ or an autoimmune disease, you may want to consider going on a bone broth fast for three days.